Sunday, December 7, 2008

Articles and Procrastination

Well, I am trying unsuccessfully to get motivated to work on an article that is due tomorrow! Sure enough, it's Sunday evening, and I have less than 300 words (needing 1,000). Every time I write 50 or so, I think, hmmm, I haven't checked my email in a while...or, wow, I haven't written on my blog for a couple of weeks! Sigh... In my defense, the article is on USI's Madrigal Feaste, and I had to attend dress rehearsal and the first show this past Wednesday and Thursday, so I couldn't work on it before then. And what's my excuse for not getting more done this weekend, you ask? Hmmm.... I'll get back to you on that one.

Anyway, attending the Madrigal dinner was a lot of fun. I Interviewed several fun college kids and Professor Craig, all of whom were very nice and helpful. Hopefully, they will enjoy that article--you know--the article I'm working on right now! It will be the cover story for the Westside this coming Friday, the 12th.

My previous cover story, from November 28th, was about Matthew Overmyer, a Coast Guard airman in Alaska. Matt was super nice and so interesting to interview. That one was all done on the phone, for a change. I also turned in an Evansville Parent article and pics last week, this one about the foster care program at the Vanderburgh Humane Society. I felt privileged to be able to write about that one and hope the article brings them more volunteers. It will be out in the January edition.

As you might guess from this article activity, as well as holiday activity, work on my book has slowed down considerably. I hope to get a lot done this week...once this latest article is done. Oh, yeah, I'm supposed to be working on an article right now...

No comments: