Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Congrats to Kristi Valiant!

Congratulations to Kristi Valiant, whose first trade picture book is due in stores this month!! Kristi beautifully illustrated Cora Cooks Pancit, as everyone will soon see! I can't wait to show it off to everyone.

I am working on final edits for an article on USI grad student Kristi Scott and will be sending that to the editor later this week. Kristi was very sweet to interview. Though she was full of cutting-edge thoughts on technology and society, she was very down-to-earth and easy to talk to.

I am also working on editing my book's first 50 pages to get sent off this week for an Indiana SCBWI conference critique.

During my moments of relaxation, I am rapidly devouring the fourth book in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. Unfortunately, that will mean I'm caught up and anxiously-awaiting publication of the fifth!

1 comment:

Kristi Valiant said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out, Christi!!