Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Poem!

I just wrote a new poem that I'm really pleased with. I guess it's a simplified form of a cadae. A cadae is based on the first five numbers in pi (3.1415). I think in a real cadae of five stanzas, the first stanza has 3 lines, the second 1 line, etc. Then they also have a set amount of syllables per line. Mine is simpler--five stanzas of five lines each with a syllable count per line of 3,1,4,1,5. I might have to submit this one--somewhere!

Deadline

Leaves beckon.
Come
Into the breeze.
Breathe
Deep this summer sun.

Blocked by time
And
This window pane.
Breathe
Instead cycled air.

Those leaves dance.
How
They undulate.
What?
Do they call or mock?

Yes, of course!
I
Want to join you!
I
Yearn and dream and need.

Computer
Hums.
Or so I think,
No
More there to hear it.

No comments: