Wednesday, February 3, 2010

January--A Successful Start to College...and a Month of Articles

I haven't posted since January 11th, when I was stressing about returning to school. I am happy to say that college is going great! I am really enjoying my classes. I love reading things I probably wouldn't read on my own and writing and hearing others' writings. It's all been so cool, and I don't feel weird back among the "college kids" at all. Thanks to everyone who commented, emailed, and Twittered their encouragement!

I have had almost no time for my own writing because, along with homework, I did every cover story for January's Westside Courier. Wow, that was a whirlwind of interviews, picture-taking, picture-sending, and, of course, writing. I had an interesting array of articles, too--a Peace Corps volunteer in Ghana; a local woman who self-published a book about her mother; a woman whose sewing and embroidery hobby turned into a booming west-side business; and a west-sider who moved to bush Alaska to teach special education kids! What can I say--that job is never boring.

I have no assigned article this week, so I have been concentrating on homework. I expect I'll receive article work any day now, so I'm just hoping to end my birthday week with a little of my own writing. Yep, Friday is my birthday, which means fun with the family and, of course, a few presents!

Happy writing, everyone!

No comments: